Saturday, May 26, 2012

Emmie and the Potty!

Along with all of the excitement of the end of the school year, Emmie made HUGE advancements in the area of potty training.  She actually sat on the toilet!!!!!  With only the ipod, juice, and M&M's bribing her.  She actually sat on the toilet for over an hour this morning.  Did nothing, although I know she had to go because the kid had had record amounts of liquids.  She was prompt to fill her diaper after we finally took her off the toilet though!  I think we're going to go into full force potty training next week.  Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

6 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I know how huge a deal that is because Ash was the same way! Hopefully Emmie will learn really fast. Good luck!

Kohl said...

Good luck! We are trying to work on Ashlyn too, but she is finding it to be very inconvenient to go to the bathroom. Let me know if you find something that really works well!

Elizabeth said...

Good luck!! I'm hoping to get serious about it with Davis this week too...I'm just not sure I have the patience...

Sheri said...

You can ALWAYS make me giggle. : ) I love seeing your cute family and your honest take on the ups and downs of parenthood. : ) They're so lucky to have you. Ben and Owen would be GREAT friends. : )

Dancing Queen said...

Have you ever looked into "Potty Training in Less than a Day"? I love it!

Sheri said...

I'm dreading this with Chase. I'm trying to soft sell it right now and hope he just magically does it on his own, but I know I'm going to be on potty watch here soon. ugh!
Oh, and it's always funny to me to scroll down to comment and see another Sheri, especially when I've met her, and I wonder if sometimes it confuses you who it is that's commenting. =)