Friday, October 5, 2012

Emmie's First Fieldtrip

Emmie isn't old enough for preschool this year.  But lucky for us....there is a Joy school group in our neighborhood and they invited some of the younger kids to join them on monthly field trips.  This month was a trip to Linder Farms.  I think Emmie had a lot of fun.  It was strange for me to just have Emmie and not a baby strapped to me.  Good strange :)


There was a petting zoo there and Emmie loved it!  She wasn't scared of the animals at all. There were goats, sheep, bunnies, pigs, chickens, and ducks. She loved all of them.  She was so cute running around to all the animals and petting them and calling after them.  I hate to say this but she might be the child that one day convinces me to get a dog.  Maybe.
 
Here is our little group heading out on our hay ride through the corn and pumpkin fields.  I think the quote of the day was when after riding and being surrounded by corn for quite some time one kid spoke up and said, "Hey, there's corn."  Ah, kids.  Their level of observance never ceases to amaze me.
Emmie chose a great pumpkin don't you think?!

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

I love seeing pictures of you on this blog. I also love how excited Emmie looks with her head in that pumpkin. I'm really excited to get to see your family next month!

Alene said...

Emmie can't be old enough for field trips!!

SD and EJ said...

She's getting so big!

lisa said...

I looked at the group pict and thought where am i?? duh.. I must have the one taking the picture lol.. oh well.. maybe someday I will make it into your blog :)