Sunday, November 15, 2009

3 Little things

A Little Funny

I found this while cleaning up Ainsley's room this morning. I had kind of forgotten about it and was glad I found it before it got lost. It was her schedule she made last Sunday night. She followed John and I around as we were trying to get everything ready for the next day. She was a little concerned about who she would be with for which part of the day. So she got out her notebook and quizzed us for information, and this is what she wrote down...

It says:

Kortne lunch
Erin Plae
Tawni Morning
Nadley Sool
Dady Nit

I thought it was cute, and she did a very good job. The kids were at Kortney's at lunch time, Owen went to Erin's to play and then she picked up Ains from school, Tawni was here in the morning, Natalie drove Ains to school, and they were with their dad that night. I guess the schedule made the day go a little more smoothly for her. I just wish "visit mom and baby" would have been on the list...darn Swine Flu.

A Little Gross

Emmie lost her umbilical cord this morning (or her stick as the kids have been calling it). Actually I'm not sure when exactly she lost it...but we can't find it! Gross!!!!! I'm sure it had to have been during one of the diaper changes in the dim light last night. I just hope we locate the thing soon!

A little Unbelievable

I'm going to say this despite all the rolled eyes I will receive (because I know I would roll my eyes if someone said this to me). I'm pretty sure Emmie smiled yesterday morning. It wasn't a gassy smile, it was a true wide open mouth, "I'm perfectly content now" smile. So whether you choose to believe me or not I'm claiming her first smile on 11/14. Ains smiled early too, I believe she was 7 days, or maybe just over a week. Owen didn't smile until around 2 weeks. FYI.

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Ains is awesome. How cute is it that she wrote out her schedule? Maybe the umbilical cord is in one of the diapers and already in the trash. Hopefully. And I have no reason not to believe you that Emmie smiled. And I bet my mom would believe it too. So cute!

Alene said...

I believe you!

Anonymous said...

Your cleaning rooms and blogging?? I am IMPRESSED! Super woman! :)

I believe that she smiled,.....my second daughter, who was really colicky, totally smiled a REAL smile really early on. Looked me right in the eyes and gave me a huge grin. It was much needed and made my day. Mom's know the real thing when they see it.

**KT

Elizabeth said...

What an amazingly talented baby girl you have! I'll have to add her to the pool of potential mates for Davis :)