Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not so easy

Owen has had a hard time with this whole daylight savings time. It's not seeming to get any better. We know he is waking up by 6:00 because that is when we first see him, although we suspect he is up earlier than that, and then is exhausted all day and crashes early in the evening. Last night at 2 in the morning I heard someone wandering around (which always creeps me out...even though I know it's just the kids) so after I convince myself it's not a ghost or a stranger wandering around our house, I fall back asleep, then wake up again to go to the bathroom, and go check on Owen. His door is closed, the light is on, and he is back asleep on his bed. Then up again at 6:00! I don't remember having issues like this in the past.

Although, Owen has weird sleeping habits as it is. Ones that for me seem straight out of a horror film. He prefers to sleep with the light on. Not a night light or a dim light...a BRIGHT light! Who likes to sleep with a bright light glaring in their eyes. No one but the disturbed characters in scary movies if you ask me! I was able to get him to sleep with his lamp on for a while, but lately the bright light is on until he goes to sleep, and then John and I turn it off before we got to bed, and then he turns it on as soon as he wakes up (whether that be in the morning or the middle of the night). I guess I could look at it as a fun little routine we do...but mostly I think it's weird!

5 comments:

Alene said...

I symnpathize with Owen. I always have a hard time with the time change, either direction, and I'm a grown up!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he is a ghost

Anonymous said...

My daughter woke up in the night to go to the bathroom and even though I completely KNEW it was her, it still freaked me out! And my hubby! He about jumped out of the bed to get her......ha ha. I had to hold him back. :)

**KT

shellydinger said...

The time change is still killing us over here. We keep trying to put the kids to bed later - but it only makes them crazier the next day. Does Owen go right to sleep with the light on, or does he play for awhile? Good thing your new baby will be sharing a room with Ains.

Melanie said...

I totally agree. We were actually at a point a week ago where bedtime was going well, the kids were waking up at a good time (not too late, but late enough that I could exercise before they woke up). Now we are ALL messed up! I'm sure it will take us another 5 months to get used to things, then the time will change again. Ugh!