Friday, November 6, 2009

Just Thinking

I will have this baby by Monday at the latest. I really wanted to wait for this child to come on it's own. But, apparently I am weak, and I have the most comfortable uterus on the planet. So, at my appointment on Thursday when my doctor so kindly pointed out that I was indeed over due, I asked him to please remove the child from my body. I just can't take it any longer. I almost think I could if it didn't hurt so much to move (darn that pulled stomach muscle)! I'm still hoping that some kind of miracle happens and that I will go into labor on my own. I just really wanted to this time since I haven't experienced that yet. But alas...I have reached my breaking point! So at the very latest, on Monday morning, being 10 days over due, this baby will be born!

I can't get over how weird it is that this new little stranger will soon be apart of our family. Right now our family seems so normal at the number four. And in no time at all, we will be a family of five. And I know it will only take a matter of minutes for it to feel strange that she was ever not a part of our family.

3 comments:

SD and EJ said...

So exciting! Personally, I loved being induced, although I guess you do kind of feel like you're missing out on a part of labor or something. I'm so excited to see pictures of her and hopefully I won't have to wait too long to meet her.

Elizabeth said...

For the record -- I LOVED being induced and hope that all my kids come that way. It was fabulous to have the epidural before any of the strong contractions came!

Anonymous said...

Yay Jess! I am so excited for you that you get to be done being pregnant and that you get to have your baby with you - well, outside of you at least! :) I hope it all goes well and that your cute baby is healthy! Good luck with everything! I will be thinking of you! Can't wait to see pictures!

**KT