Thursday, November 19, 2009

Adjusting

We are slowly adjusting to life with a newborn. I'm starting to get used to sleeping in short intervals and then still functioning. Although I don't know what I'll do when the help ends and I suddenly have to find a way to make it through the day on my own. I've been very well cared for and have had volunteers taking my kids regularly and am still using freezer meals that have been dropped off!

What I'm most scared about is trying to get Ains ready in the morning and to school on time. For some reason it seems so hard right now. I am envisioning mornings with a screaming, hungry baby, kids going crazy, and lots of drama as we drive to school every morning. I've got a few more days of help with rides, and then we'll have to see if my fears are correct, or if I'm just being dramatic and worrying for nothing.

Owen has had the toughest adjustment. I was expecting troubling times...and he has had some. But, he has done pretty well. He's had moments of tantrums and being too rough, but he has also been helpful. He is always willing to help with anything concerning Emmie. It's really sweet. But one things for sure, Emmie will have to be a tough little girl if she's going to keep up with her big brother.

4 comments:

Alene said...

Don't worry so much--school is only about 5 minutes from your house. If the baby is screaming for her breakfast, she won't starve to death in 5 minutes. If you and Owen have to go in your PJ's, so what. And if neither one of you get dressed before noon, the clothes police aren't going to come and get you. You don't have to be perfect, especially with a new baby to care for.

Dinger said...

I agree with Alene! The baby may cry, your sanity may seem fragile, Ains may be late once or twice, but somehow everyone survives! BTW, the clothes police have never arrested me for being bra-less half a dozen times dropping the kids off to school!!! TMI. . .I know! :)

EJ said...

Sorry, I have no experience with that. But I'm sure you'll be fine and Ains will get to school on time and the baby will learn to be happy. I wish I could see her!

Kohl said...

You will be surprised by what you can do even with three kids! I worried about all the same stuff before Ashlyn was born, but somehow you get through it. Good luck!