Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A budding seamstress

Recently Ains discovered a love for sewing. She's quite good. Considering she still can't tie a knot in the thread! She really wanted to sew clothes for her barbies. She got a little discouraged until I showed her the pancho dress I used to make for my barbies. If she had a mother that had any sewing skills at all her barbie clothes might look a little cooler than this.


She made these awesome slippers all by herself. (They match the barbie slippers she made.)


Here is the pillow that she fashioned.

And my personal favorite, a sunflower.


4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

That is so awesome! Hooray for sewing (I'm such a dork). And this reminded me that I still need to send you a pattern for stockings.

Alene said...

Yeaaa!!! The sewing bug is biting the granddaughters!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, good for her! That is awesome!

kt

shellydinger said...

I am so impressed! They have some really great books out there written for girls Ainsley's age. I'll have to send you the title. The slippers are my favorite. Get that girl some fleece!