Monday, May 16, 2011

New Experiences

I've had 2 new experiences in the past few days. The first involved artichokes. Last week I bought my first "bountiful basket" (http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ which I am now completely a fan of!) and it came with 3 artichokes. I always want to try new recipes, and I've never cooked and artichoke. So, I made these grilled artichokes for dinner. Surprisingly enough, the kids tried it and actually liked it...for the first few bites and then grew a little tired of it. But that in and of itself was still shocking. They were good, but not amazing, and a lot of work for a little bit of food. So unless I get handed artichokes again, I don't know that I'll go to all that effort again.

My second new experience was much more amazing and significant than artichokes (I just felt like I should post 2 new experiences rather than just one. Because I'm weird.) John and I got to see Wicked for the first time this past weekend. I loved it! The costumes and effects were great. And I thought the singing was amazing. I wish the theater wasn't so darn expensive, and more readily available to me, because I'd totally go see this one again!



4 comments:

Alene said...

What is a bountiful basket?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love artichokes. Did you get the "heart" out? That is the best part. Also, I have been wanting to try "bountiful basket". I hear so much about them. How much do you think it all comes to per pound??

kt

EJ said...

I've heard those Bountiful Baskets are awesome, but I'm afraid it would be a waste since EJ wouldn't touch anything in it. And I've heard Wicked is so good. Did John like it?

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you are converted to Bountiful Baskets!! We haven't done it for a few weeks because Russ has been out of town, and I miss it!!! We love artichokes -- I cut them open, clean them out, and then boil or steam them. I don't even bother cutting the tips off. Anyhow, I can't wait to hear more about your culinary adventures with B.B.