Monday, May 2, 2011

Something I missed

Last week I had the opportunity to head down to Provo with a few friends and go to Women's Conference. It was a fabulous weekend. The speakers that I went to were great (for the most part :) and overall it was a wonderful little pep talk that gave me the boost I needed. I feel refreshed and like I've been reminded of my purpose and priorities. And what was even better was that on top of the spiritual boost, I was with 3 amazing friends that made the few days we were away a blast. I laughed and cried and slept just a little, and isn't that what makes for a fun girls getaway?
Unfortunately while I was away, I had to miss a few things. I missed Owen and Ainsley's soccer games. I missed barf, diarrhea, and other illness. And I also missed Owen's field trip to the zoo. Luckily John was able to be home with the kids while I was gone and took great care of them while I was away. He really is the best. I got a text from John one morning while I was sitting in a class that said, so far today I have dealt with poop, pee, and throw up, how is your day going? While I felt bad for John, mostly I just chuckled (as did the women around me when I read the text out loud).

And now, here are a couple of pictures from the zoo. It was a cold miserable morning, but it looks like they had a good time.

Except for maybe Emmie. Poor Emmie looks a little homeless. Good effort on the hair though, John!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice that you got to get away and have fun! Also, I'm super impressed that he even attempted to do her hair and that it looks that good! Way to go John!

kt

Alene said...

That Owen is a handsome little guy.

EJ said...

Every dad needs to experience what a mom's life is like every single day. Did you get to hear NieNie and her sisters talk?

Elizabeth said...

Emmie's hair is the best! I'm jealous you were on vacation -- Russ has been in China/Mongolia for two weeks and heads to Panama next week... Maybe I'll get a vacation someday...