Thursday, May 19, 2011

Noteworthy

Concerning Emmie:
I've mentioned before that Emmie has a thing with her nose. Well, her nose has become a residing place for items other than her finger (although her finger is still up there a lot). Here is a list of things we have found up her nose.....

Peas. 2 in the same nostril to be exact. I was freaking out when I saw the first pea in there, but once I realized there was another farther back my freaking out reached extreme levels. After much trauma, both peas were successfully removed with the help of the blue nose sucker (or bulb syringe if you want to get technical).

Rice. After finding the rice up there we became more diligent about watching her eat small objects.

Hairbands. The little tiny baby kind. Again, 2 in the same nostril. My theory is that she took them out of her hair when I put her down for a nap. One came out immediately following her nap when she sneezed. She handed it to me all snotty and gross. I freaked out and again grabbed my trusty bulb syringe and went to work. Nothing came out. But then a couple days later.......she sneezed again and another hairband flew out! This time she handed it to John. I still don't know when she put it up there. Her hairbands all remained in tact that particular day. So either she found one somewhere and stuck it up her nose, or she had been walking around with a hairband up her nose for days.

I'm completely freaked out about this terrible habit and can't help but worry that there might be something else up there!

Second noteworthy story involves my other 2 children:


Lately Owen has been giving Ainsley permission to do things we have told her not to do. For example, we put the kids to bed and Ainsley asks to read and we tell her no. Then, after we've left Owen gives her permission. And for some reason Ainsley feels like he has the power to do so. Then after Ainsley is disobeying, Owen quietly comes and tattles on Ainsley. Sneaky little stinker!


(I know this picture doesn't exactly match, but you'll just have to deal with that.)


Oh ya, and Owen is learning to ride a bike without training wheels! However I have no still shots of him, just video. And so you just get this awesome picture of him standing BY his bike. I'm always amazed at all that kids do at his age. He is currently starting to read, learning to ride a bike, going to learn to swim, and headed off to school. He's super busy :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she shoves things up her nose. That would freak me out, as a parent. It will be a hilarious story when she's older. :)

My sister once had to have a soft plastic ring removed from her nose by a doctor. Good times!

kt

EJ said...

Emmie is getting so pretty (just like her sister)! I would just plan on having to take her to the doctor someday to get something out of her nose. That way, you won't be too freaked out when it happens. :) Ash once stuck two dry black beans up her nose, but luckily that's the only time she's done it.

Elizabeth said...

Davis's nose is so busy running that I think it will wash out anything he may put up there... I agree with Katie -- I would totally freak out if he did put anything up there. Good luck with that...

Sheri said...

I laughed SOOO hard reading this. Thanks so much for sharing. : ) It made my day.
Sheri

Sheri said...

One day at church Austin and Derek came out of the chapel (I was in the foyer with Chase) both looking rather distressed because Austin had a crayon stuck up his nose. It's really funny now, but at the time, not so much. I feel for you.