Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's day was one where I was spoiled and reminded of the realities of motherhood at the same time. John and I were awakened to the sound of Owen puking at 4:00 in the morning on mother's day. As John and I were both working to get everything cleaned up he turned to me and said, "Happy Mother's Day!"

John let me sleep in, a bit, we do have 9:00 church after all. But since I was the only one attending church (Ains had a nasty cough, why bother taking a toddler if you don't have to, and I had sharing time) I didn't have to get up as early as usual. I got to have a delicious breakfast for casserole for breakfast. And I had no part in making it! I opened great gifts from my family (homemade magnets, and pot holders, clothes, and the Our Best Bites cook book....yum!)

After church we took a family nap, ate a delicious dinner, cleaned up puke, made strawberry milkshakes, listened to Ains sing me the song she didn't get to sing at church, cleaned up puke, tried to watch a movie, got frustrated with Emmie (she was truly being a stinker), realized I had a sinus infection, cleaned up puke etc.

When the day had calmed down (meaning, when the children had gone to bed) I went to my parents to borrow some of their antibiotics....thank you Mexico for your loose pharmaceutical laws! We were originally going to have my parents over for dinner and dessert, but they declined our offer, wimps. It was nice to be able to go visit with my parents for a bit. Kind of a calm end to the crazy day.

Thanks John for being a trooper and making my mother's day as relaxing and special as it could be under our crazy circumstances!

4 comments:

Kohl said...

Is it just me or do your kids always have the stomach flu? :)

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say the same as Shauna! There is ALWAYS someone puking over there! Seriously! I don't know how you can stand it!

And......your M's day sounds um.....nice - ish?? Maybe you ought to petition for another one!

Hope all is getting better over there!

kt

Ashlee said...

Too funny, because I too was about to ask, "Isn't someone ALWAYS puking at your house?" It seems like it's either puke or a flooded laundry room:) Glad you were able to have a somewhat good Mother's Day.

Heather I. said...

How is that cookbook?? I've been tempted to buy it...