Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 1....Boston and Boarding the Ship

We left our house early Friday morning. I was a little paranoid at this point and nervous for the babysitter and my mom and the long week ahead of them.

After a long day of travel we were finally in Boston. And even though it was a bit late we hopped on the subway and headed into downtown. I love downtown Boston. I love how the old and the new are all mixed together. I love the brick streets and the history of it all. Unfortunately all of the sights there were closed down, but we still enjoyed a little walk around.

I'm sure the locals thought we were ridiculous taking pictures of the subway. But hey, we're from Idaho.



The next morning we got up and got on our ship and immediately started exploring.....
And eating. I seriously had my first ice cream cone within 60 minutes of boarding. It was delicious. My only regret of the trip is not eating more ice cream cones. (Although my thighs would beg to differ.) I'm not sure why I don't look happy in this picture. Maybe I'm looking at the ice cream station?
Then John and I went and enjoyed our free 2 minute massage. John got his from Lifestylist Lance. He then complained about being sore for 2 days. Apparently lifestylist Lance has some tough hads.
After some more exploring we set sail. It was at this point that I got sea sick. Totally unexpected. Luckily Alene had an extra motion sickness patch, or I would have been miserable.

This is Grandma Jansen and me as we were pulling away from the dock. We look pretty good, right?

No comments: