Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 6....Cruising the St. Lawrence

Our day after Prince Edward Island we had a full day on the ship with no stops. We went down the St. Lawrence River. Which was way too big to be a river, you couldn't see either side for quite a while. Unfortunately our day on the ship was a cold, foggy, miserable day outside. But luckily John got some great shots the night before it got so dreary. So these pictures are just more of PEI.





During that time we also got to go under a...(8 or 9 mile, I can't remember for sure) bridge. I've never seen such a long bridge. I think I would have a heart attack driving over it. And going under it was cool going under it because we only cleared it by 15 or 20 ft.




Everyone was very relieved that we made it safely under the bridge.

The day on the ship was relaxing. John and I slept in until 10:30. I don't know that we've ever slept in that late. When I finally woke up and looked at the clock I was shocked! Every night I got really sleepy. I'm not sure if it was the movement of the ship or what, but as soon as we started moving I started to fall asleep. This seemed particularly lame because at one point it was 9:00 and I was exhausted. 9:00 is bad enough, but when I realized it was only 6:00 at home I felt pretty lame.


We all managed to stay up that night for the chocolate extravaganza. It all looked very impressive.

However, the chocolate treats were surprisingly disappointing. Luckily they had my good old standby ice cream cone!




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You look so hot! (even though you claim to have eaten many ice cream cones---i'm not believing you!)

Anonymous said...

I would go on that trip just so I could eat ice cream. Seriously.

:)

kt

Anonymous said...

And I'm with Liz . . . You look great! :)

kt