Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 4...Sydney (Nova Scotia?)

On this particular day we headed to Fort Lewisburg. It was a fort that had been recreated in the exact location of the original Fort Lewisburg. The foundations were all that remained of the original fort and so they built the city, which looked exactly like the original. There are reinactors there and they act out a specific person and can tell you all about the person they are and their home, work, etc. It was pretty cool.


When in a fort and surrounded by cannons....might as well ride one.



A confessional.....



Goob and I hung out and went to a chocolate making presentation while John and his dad were at a bullet making class or something military like. Goob was lucky enough to get to grate the hard ball of chocolate and make hot chocolate. We then got to drink the hot chocolate. Which was good, but I'm grateful for my Stephen's hot chocolate for sure.


We also ate an authentic meal. We wore bibs and received only one spoon to last the entire meal. The bread we ate was, how can I put this delicately, gross. But the rest of the food was actually pretty good. But I'm sure I got back on the ship and ate an ice cream cone!

I think this day primarily turned into exploring the city and a photo shoot. Hence the great photos. Who's up for a keg of beer?

No comments: