Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 5....Prince Edward Island

Prince Edward Island is probably the most beautiful place I have ever been. It was gorgeous. I couldn't get enough of the scenery, the rolling hills, the trees mixed with green planted fields, the ocean. It was all breathtaking.




We stopped at a Scotsman's jam shop. He made great jam. I would be enjoying mine currently, but the people of Montreal (a place I now despise) made me throw away my jam. Granted it was technically the airline security lawmakers that made me throw away my jam. There was some chaos when we had one bag that was too heavy to check and as we frantically removed items and stashed them in other bags the jam ended up in our carry-on. But enough about that. I liked this particular Scotsman, not that I've known many. But if I were to go back to his store I would definitely buy more of his jam. Because it was good, and because he was funny.



We walked around the town near where we ported (I think it was Charlottetown) and found some amazing churches. This one was my favorite. I wish the pictures did it justice.


We also got to visit the Green Gables house. I never knew the story, but apparently LM Montgomery was orphaned and raised by her crotchety grandparents and didn't have a very happy home life. But she had friends whom she spent a lot of time with who lived in this very house. And this, along with the surrounding area, is the setting for Anne of Green Gables.
This shot^is lovers lane in the book and the first picture of this post is the haunted forest. After visiting Green Gables I bought my own copy of the book. I figured it was appropriate to buy a copy of it on Prince Edward Island. This town is all about Anne. Complete with themed stores, and a musical performed every year. Here I am in front of the store where I bought my copy.


3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Great pictures! (the one of the Scotsman could make an appearance on Akwardfamilyphotos.com!)It looks so beautiful there, and you have fantastic sunglasses. I love them.

EJ said...

I love Anne of Green Gables! Sorry about your jam. That is lame.

Alene said...

I wish I had bought more jam (if i had, i would have given you some!) It is really good stuff.