Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 7....Quebec City

Our last day of vacation was a full one. We visited Quebec City this day. It was literally built on a hill and you could see that it was built there with the rock wall built on the hill for a reason. It looked like a protected city. From what I remember Quebec City is the oldest city in North America. It looked it, and I felt like we were in Europe, especially when we were surrounded by people speaking French.









After our time in town we drove around the country side. I loved the houses and the uniqueness of them. Homes everywhere I usually go are cookie cutter and in developed neighborhoods. I loved the colored,pointed roofs, the staggered houses and the greenery.

We stopped for lunch at a restaurant that was right next to this waterfall. Literally. You can see the building on the left of this picture.


We also visited this catholic church. It reminded John and I a bit of the Salt Lake Temple just because of the granite and the style of it.

John snuck this picture of the inside, even though he wasn't supposed to because mass was going on as we wandered around. I was just shocked that they allowed people to look around while they were having church. It was weird.

We were also shocked to learn that there was no rollerblading allowed in the church. Or rather, we were wondering why there was a need to put that warning on the inside of a building.
We also got to go to the top of a huge waterfall. John looks like he's attached to a giant cord or something.

Then we went to a Maple Farm with the most beautiful view. I could definitely look out on that view everyday for the rest of my life.

Me with the maple taffy I had just rolled.
I'm still wondering how and where they store the snow that they pour the maple syrup on to make the taffy.

And then after a long day. We got back on the boat for our final night of fancy meals. John took a picture of every course. I think there were 6. It was delicious!!!


Goob became best friends with the waiters. This landed him an extra lobster tail on lobster night. Note taken.




That night we continued our cruise down the river and enjoyed the scenery. It was a gorgeous night. People were out on boats and would ride along side us on the river. It was also Canada Day. So as it grew dark we occasionally got to see fireworks shoot up in the sky.


The night was great. And we finished it off with our last night of room service and our last midnight buffet. We got up early the next morning and had a full day of travel. John and I were literally running through airports at every stop to make all of our connecting flights. I was so excited to see the kids by this point. Nine days is a long time to leave your kids. When we finally got home Emmie looked shocked. I think she thought she would never see us again. She wouldn't talk at all but also wouldn't let me put her down or out of my sight.


The kids have since forgiven us for our long absence and things are completely back to normal. And I do mean completely, fighting, whining, and all!

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

I loved Quebec City. The best ice cream I've ever tasted was on the boardwalk by that big chateux thing. I should have mentioned it to see how it measured up to your cruise's ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Glad you made it home ok! :)

kt