Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We're Home!

John and I got home on Saturday night from our amazing cruise. We had an amazing week long cruise and a sad (at least for me) 10 days away from our kids. I will admit that I shed a few tears in regard to missing, or thinking, about leaving my kids for that long. But the trip was great and worth it. The kids stayed with my parents...to whom we now owe our lives :)....so we could spend the time away from home.

The time on the boat was amazing, the food delicious, and the cities we visited were gorgeous! I now want to own a vacation home on Prince Edward Island, Bar Harbor, Maine, Quebec City, and perhaps Halifax too. The country side there was breathtaking. I had a few too many favorite moments.

The company was pretty good too! John's grandma Jansen and brother Matt were along for the trip as well. I think we will forever feel endebted to John's parents for taking us on the trip too.

I will post more pictures later and do some sort of daily log. But I knew if I didn't at least post this, the thought of posting a complete log of the trip would feel so overwhelming that I would never blog again.

Now I can take my time and occasionally blog about other things.....hopefully.

3 comments:

The Goob said...

This picture is amazing. Who took it?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you've been. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. How awesome! We're going on a trip soon too, and sometimes I cry just thinking about leaving me kids. I think it's going to kill me.

I'm excited to hear more about your trip! :)

kt

Kohl said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Once you have left your kids once, it gets easier and easier because you realize that they are o.k. without you. Glad you got to get-away!