Tuesday, October 15, 2013

California Adventure

Day 2 we were up bright and early again and headed over to California Adventure.  This was a first for John and I so we had a bit of a learning curve here.  But I thought it was fun to explore.  The first thing John did was wait in line for 30 min to get a fast pass for the Cars ride.  The wait for that ride was already 90 min just 30 min after the park opened.  So while he did that the kids and I explored.  And we found Sully (who Emmie refused to have her picture taken with, but the other two happily obliged.)
If you look closely at my eyes in this picture you night be able to tell how tired we were...



Owen's favorite part of everything was the rides.  The scarier the better according to him!  During this picture Emmie and I were waiting below.  I called John and his phone answered right as they were all dropped in the Tower of Terror.  I got to hear all the screaming.  It was great!
Ains and Owen rode California Screamin' with me.  Owen really wanted too and while Ains was cautious she didn't want to be left out.  She was really nervous about going upside down.  But we did it and we survived. The picture from that ride is my favorite...but it's only on my phone!  Ainsley's face is one of sheer terror, and Owen is holding on for dear life.  I, of course, look beautiful.  Owen would have ridden in again if any of us could have stomached it another time.

Emmie love the calmer rides.  She loved this Carousel and The Dumbo ride the best.  Emmie also got to ask a question to Crush during Turtle Talk.  Her question was a deep one, she asked, "Why are you a turtle?"  They had a lovely conversation and Crush nick-named Emmie Extreme Emmie.  That attraction is seriously impressive.  I'd love to see how they do that one!
Cars Land didn't disappoint and was pretty impressive.  Especially all lit up at night. 
We even happened upon a dance party while walking down the street.  I must say, I love the constant entertainment that we happened upon all the time.   Never a dull moment!
Our afternoon at California Adventure we rested a bit and watched the Aladin show and the Pixar Play parade.  I'm amazed by Disney's attention to detail.  Every show is impressive and no detail is left unattended too.  I love their parades.  I wish pictures could capture the feeling during them so I could relive them, but they don't.  No one else takes time to make everything so magical....bubbles floating everywhere, amazing costumes, and music blaring.  I love it!



We also watched World of Color this night.  It was fabulous!  My arms ached after propping Emmie up for the full 30 min, but it was well worth it.  And in case anyone was wondering, our favorite part of the show was the Pirates part.  Just FYI.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

California looks WAY better than I thought it would!

Brooke said...

OH this all looks SO fun! Can't wait to go... in 3 years. ;)

Sydney Okazaki said...

First of all, I love that all the family has on Disneyland shirts on your first day except for John in his Red Sox one :) Second of all, poor kid who got put with you guys on the cars ride! Haha-it was pretty funny though that there was just this random boy with your family. :) Also, glad you enjoyed the Pirates part the most. Looks fun! If you really want to know how the turtle talk thing works, I might actually have the answer for you (and since it's me telling you about something in Disneyland, it probably won't be a short and simple answer) :)