Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sea World

After our final night at Disneyland we drove to Sandiego so we could go to SeaWorld on our final day in California.  We were all pretty beat by this point.  But I thought it was worth it.  Mostly because I got to touch a dolphin!  Oh, and Ains and Owen did too.  SeaWorld is a lot different than I remember it.  They have a lot more interactive areas than when I was last there (15 years ago!).  We all loved watching the dolphins up close.  Emmie loved it up until they splashed her, and then she wanted nothing to do with them.
We also got to touch bat rays. 

And starfish.
I really like the fish tanks.  Full of huge fish, coral, sharks, turtles, etc.

 
And of course the Shamu and dolphin show didn't disappoint. 
By this day everyone was growing tired of rides...plus they just didn't compare to the rides we had left (can we say spoiled?).  Everyone that is, except for Owen. It killed him that no one was willing to go on any of the rollercoasters there with him.  But then he found this ride that he could ride without and adult.  If you look closely you'll notice that he's up there all by his lonesome.   Poor kid.  But he was in heaven, up there spinning all by himself. 
After SeaWorld we stopped at In-N-Out for dinner. John's only request for the week.  We fed our entire family for $20!  It felt like nothing after spending $30-$40 per meal all week.  So we got  milkshakes.  And then we all felt a little sick :)

1 comment:

EJ said...

Your trip sounds so fun! I only have vague memories of Sea World when I was really little. I do remember Shamu spitting on me and I cried.