Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Disneyland 2013

I've been a little sad ever since we left Disneyland last Thursday.  I just love it there!  There was so much I wanted to write about our trip and I still don't know quite where to start.  So I guess I'll start at the very beginning, I hear it's a very good place to start :)
 
We drove woke up early Saturday morning to begin our drive to LA.  We were on the road by 6:00 and before lunch time Ains had thrown up 3 times and John had gotten a speeding ticket.  At this point I was a little nervous.  But miraculously the rest of the drive was a lot less uneventful.  The kids did great on the drive, and we pulled into our hotel at 9:00 that night.  We could see Disneyland from our window.  I was so excited I could hardly sleep...so I watched the fireworks from our window while everyone else slept. 
 
Sunday was our first day there.  October hours at Disneyland are different everyday, so we picked our days there solely based on how many hours we could spend in the park.  I think Sunday was actually our best day.  We were at the gate 15 minutes before the park opened and by 10:00 that morning we had fit in a ton of rides! It was awesome!  The day was super long, but magical. (Did that sound cheesy...because is totally was, but it was totally true!)
 
Emmie loved meeting the princesses most.  As you can tell that was Owen's least favorite part...


 
 

 We brought in lots of our own snacks to help with the food budget, and with with my children's constant need to snack.  Very smart move on our part I'd say.  It came in handy on MANY occasions.  Especially when we were able to eat while waiting in line. 
 The Halloween decorations were pretty cool.  The Haunted Mansion was completely redone in a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.  It was pretty cool, but I think I like the original ride even better.
 




By Sunday night we were exhausted.  But that wasn't going to stop us from watching Fantasmic and the fire works.  Emmie had fallen asleep in the stroller.  She woke up part way through Fantasmic and was mesmerized.  So mesmerized that she peed her pants.  Technically she peed on John.  glad I wasn't holding her!  And just to keep it real, she had also pooped her pants that day.  Next time we will carry lots of extra underwear with us!  But that didn't ruin our day.  After the fireworks the park was still opened for 2 hours, but we were so tired we decided to leave, because we had a long day at California Adventure waiting for us the next day!


2 comments:

EJ said...

I've been so excited to read about your trip! I'm glad you guys had fun. Sorry about the poop, though. Super gross.

shellydinger said...

I would love to see the Nightmare Before Christmas décor. They don't do that in Florida. Love the Owen & princess picture.