Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Universal Studios

After a day at the beach we headed to Universal Studios.  The day was cold and rainy, the drive to get there was kind of long, and if I'm being honest it was the only part of the week that I didn't love.  We still had fun, but it just wasn't a great day.  I think in general Universal is a little too old for my kids, which I knew going in, but it was part of our city pass, so to Universal we went!  At least my expectations were met! 
The highlight of the day was when Owen got called up on stage during the Animal show.  He was cute up there and REALLY nervous!

And he got a free drink for going on stage.  And if you know Owen you know that drinks are one of his favorite things.  (Notice we got  hot chocolate...we were a little chilly.)

We did the studio tour, a few rides, and a water special effects show, and then we decided we were done with Universal.  So we left and got some dinner.  We ended up at a Mexican restaurant that my dad loves and lucky for us it was kids eat free night!  So we got a sit down dinner and were pleasantly surprised that we spent the same on that as we had spent on every other meal we ate while at the parks all week.  It was kind of nice!

No comments: