Friday, March 14, 2008

Discoveries!

There have been many new things discovered in this house lately. Owen has rediscovered his coat. And for some reason he has developed a deep love for it. He insists on wearing it instead of a jacket (even though it's been very warm outside) and the other day he wore it all afternoon. He had to be HOT!
Owen had also discovered shoes! He seems to have no preference. He will wear mine, John's, Ainsley's, or any of his own that aren't ones he typically wears. His obsession with shoes is much stronger than Ainsley's ever was and he does surprisingly well with heels for being only 19 months old. I don't mind that he likes to wear them because they usually slow him down a bit!
Ainsley has discovered Easter. We got down our Easter decorations a few days ago and since that time we have had LOTS of practice egg hunts. My children will be trained and ready when the big day actually rolls around. The day after we got down all of the decorations Ainsley ran from her room in the morning and was searching the living room with her eyes. She called, "Where's the eggs?" She was so excited and thought that Easter would be here when she woke up. She was a little disappointed that she had to wait a while for the Easter Bunny to come, but I guess that will just give her more time to practice.
John discovered Fantasy Baseball. He's doing it this year with a guy from our ward. Last night was the draft and he was proud that he was able to put together a team without a single Yankee's player on it. So we'll see how his "team" does this season. To be honest, I'm not really sure how it works, and I'm not sure how it is fun, but apparently it is awesome!
I discovered a little store called Graples yesterday. Ever since I moved here I have heard about how I needed to go to Graples. It's about 20 minutes away and only opened on Thursdays, so I always put off going out there. People line up in front of the store waiting for it to open and I had heard that it was always packed. But some friends of mine were going, so I had a ride and someone to go with, and I was able to find babysitters for the kids (this place is too small and too packed to shop effectively with children). So I went and found a few great things. My favorite purchase was all of this stuff for my centerpiece. I got a few other random things and I spent too much money, but it was so cheap...I couldn't resist!
I am also coming to the sad realization that I might be disabled forever. My leg is still killing me so I hobble around all day. My bruises have spread along with the swelling. And my awkward walking is starting to cause other areas of my body to ache, namely my back and my good leg. The doctor's advice continues to be something along the lines of, "just deal with it." I'm just praying for the day that I can walk with out a huge amount of effort. This is getting old! (And yes, I went to Graples even though my legs were killing me...I'm paying for it today, but it was worth it!)

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your leg (and back and other leg). Wasn't it just a few posts ago that it was freezing outside and Owen refused to wear a coat? Maybe I'm making that up. What a funny kid.

The Marshall Family said...

Mike does fantasy football. I don't know how it works either. Youyr centerpiece looks nice.

Val said...

Your poor leg! I really thought you'd be feeling better by now! Ella loves her coat, too. It's pink with fur--who could resist?

Natalie Ball said...

Hooray for Graples!!!!!