Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Overwhelmed

Spring is here and I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed! Why is it that everything comes at once. I'm trying to get things ready for Easter, John's birthday this weekend, and I have to do sharing time for primary on top of my regular lesson on Sunday. I'm WAY behind on everything having to do with my home (groceries, cleaning,you name it, I haven't done it in a while). I need to make my Costco trip for the month, and we all know how much I love that! My leg is starting to get better, meaning I'm not quite as slow. But, I'm just so far behind.


I think a lot of my problem is that I can't just focus on the task at hand, I also have to focus on my extensive list of things I want to get done this spring. My dirty house is making me want to get some serious spring cleaning done. We're talking windows, closets, cupboards, EVERYTHING. I have some furniture I want to repaint, pillow forms I want to cover in some cool fabric for my couches.
I want to make a magnet board for Owen's room (thanks Maria for getting me set on that one!). I also want to start a garden. A lady in my ward has taken me under her wing and is getting me excited about gardening. She already has my tomato plants started for me and has come over to show me where the best spot for a garden would be in our yard and what we need to add to the soil. Sounds like A LOT of work, but I REALLY want t a garden. John is humoring me at this point, we'll see if he agrees to go along with the whole garden plan seeing as how a lot of the work will fall on his shoulders.

I also want to have some one come and replace the linoleum in our house (our linoleum is in pretty bad shape).

So, that is what I want to get done in the next 6 weeks. I need to get faster quick! I have a hunch that I'm going to have to let a few things slide or else I'll drive myself crazy.

3 comments:

Val said...

I think my list is as long as yours. I have no idea where to start!

Kohl said...

I also have a long list. Mine mostly consists of getting yard stuff done. I totally recommend having a garden. It is a lot of work, but the rewards are great! I love cooking in the summer with all the food we get from our garden. Go for it!

The Marshall Family said...

Slow down!! What can I help with???