Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Today's the day

Today I have my first vein treatment. They are shutting down a vein in my right leg from top to bottom, and doing something smaller (I'm not sure what) in my left leg. I'm a little more nervous than I thought I would be. I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's just a little nerve wrecking anytime you have a laser put into your vein and heated up to 2200 degrees. I have a follow up appointment this week, another appointment in a month where they will actually remove the yucky vein, another follow up, and then an ultra sound to make sure that there aren't any blood clots where they shouldn't be. Five appointments! A few too many in my opinion (especially since I've already been in twice), but it will be nice to be done. So right now we're just hoping for no unwanted blood clot travel and a quick recovery. I'll let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

2200 degrees? No wonder your scared. You're going to be fine. It's a pretty common procedure. I'll think good thoughts for you. Sorry you have to go in so many times though. That's dumb.

Melanie said...

Good luck, Jess! I'm sure everything will go just fine!

Lisa-Marie said...

You are tough! You'll do great. I'll be thinking good thoughts with Karalenn.

And Ains Testimony is so sweet and perfect!

shellydinger said...

Do we get a before and after shot? :) It certainly doesn't sound pleasant. Good luck with everything.

Val said...

I only got a little bit nauseated reading that. I hope everything went well!

The Marshall Family said...

So, are you alive?

Melanie said...

Jess, you haven't blogged in so long (3 whole days!)... I hope the surgery didn't take you out of commission! Are you okay?