Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

From our family to yours

I think we found a winner for this year's Christmas picture. Okay, so I'm a slacker and haven't done Christmas cards lately, but if I did I would be tempted to send this picture of just John and I in our matching sweaters...because who wants to see pics of the kids? Am I right? Also, I look stunning with my greasy hair slicked back!


Anywho...........
This year we actually acknowledged that it was St. Patrick's Day. Ains took green rice krispy treats to preschool (from what I gather most of the boys wouldn't touch them but the girls loved them), and then we made and decorated sugar cookies and passed them out to some friends in our ward for family home evening. (Hey,maybe that's why we celebrated this year, because the holiday happened to fall on a Monday and therefore it was convenient to celebrate it.)

I'm not sure why we had a hard time getting a picture of the kids decorating cookies with happy smiling faces. But, we did. Ains was decorating her cookies and cut one in half so that she could give a half cookie to her cousins Maddie and Zachary. I'm not sure why they didn't each deserve a whole cookie. It's a mystery. (Sorry Dan and Paige, we were slackers and only drove around our own neighborhood, so Maddie and Zachary will most likely not get their half cookie.)
I was so festive that I even bought green cellophane for the occasion! I really go all out, don't I?

10 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Where in the world did you get those matching sweaters?

SD and EJ said...

That picture is so cute! I tried to convince Eric to wear his sweater all day, but he wouldn't. (EJ actually wasn't in the family when we got the sweaters, but somehow I've inherited three of them, so now he has one).

Anonymous said...

I think you stole mine and Dad's. Maybe you have Matt's too. (Don't dispose of them. If you ever want to get rid of them, give them back. I think they are becoming a family tradition in several families.)
Jess, your face looks so skinny. Have you lost weight?

Natalie Ball said...

Thanks for the cookies! They were delicious! Love, the Ball family

P.S. John looked fabulous in his sweater!

jessica said...

John has an aunt that found them and gave them to everyone in the family for christmas one year. I didn't wear mine all day, just when we passed out cookies. John did most of the actual delivering (due to my slowness) and was worried that people didn't realize the sweater was a joke!

Melanie said...

Oh no! I let the day pass and TOTALLY forgot about my sweater! And Burke was meeting with some "important" people so he couldn't wear his either! So sad!

Val said...

You are so much better than me! I didn't even realize it was St. Patty's Day until I picked Claire up from school and she wouldn't stop pinching me! Way to be festive, Jess!

shellydinger said...

That is so impressive! Especially with a hurt leg. My sweater has vanished ;) After seeing everyone in theirs I made James pull his out so I could wear it.

Karalenn Hippen said...

That is so funny. I'm glad you are so festive with this holiday. You go more out for Saint Patty's than I do for Christmas I think. :) I'm going to try really hard to think John is serious about his sweater just so he'll worry. :)

Dinger said...

We love your cookies!! Maybe next time! Thanks Ainsley for making 1/2 cookie for each of my kids. Don't lose those green sweaters, because when the "Dinger Singers" go to Yellowstone you will be required to wear them.