Friday, March 23, 2007

The Dreaded Costco Trip

I used to love going to Costco. John and I would go just to look at movies and to see what other random cool things Costco had to offer at that particular time. Now that I have 2 kids in tow my Costco trips are all about business and not so fun. I dread the Costco trip. I know I have to go because I just can't beat the prices, but it is just too much of an event anymore. My cart is incredibly heavy and overflowing shortly after entering and it gets worse until I am finally through. I have to lean forward and push to get the cart going. I usually forget at least one item and then have to push a huge cart to the back of the store (because I never forget things that are located by the checkout stand).

Today when I unloaded my cart I realized that they had forgotten to put my bread back in the cart. I couldn't figure out how in the world this could happen so I checked my receipt to make sure I wasn't crazy and hadn't just forgotten to buy the bread. I wasn't crazy. So after unloading all the groceries in the car and hauled the kids back into Costco to get my bread. I thought about just taking the loss, but that would mean having to pack the kids up on another day just to go get bread. So after going back in and retrieving the bread, we were finally on our way out of the store in only what seemed like hours after arriving. The most depressing part of my trip was that I somehow managed to spend$270, and I didn't even get anything fun. The most "fun"things I got were a hose, a pineapple, and diapers. None of those things are at all fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hailey still sleeps through most of my beloved Costco trips. I guess I'll stop taking them for granted - since it probably won't last much longer :(

Anonymous said...

:(

Anonymous said...

Costco is overrated. Sam's Club is far superior to Costco.

Melanie said...

Well, a pineapple IS kinda fun. :)

Kohl said...

I had to laugh when I was reading your adventure to Costco because it is the story of my life too! We actually just got a membership to Costco, so I am now experiencing exactly what you are. I can't believe how heavy the carts are. I thought I was going to have to put stuff back just so I could make it to the check out stand!