Friday, March 16, 2007

Cake



Tonight I went to a cake decorating class with Kortney. Her visiting teaching partner does classes out of her home so we decided to go. I was very impressed with my cake. Mostly just that I did the basket weave on the sides. So now that I'm a professional I guess I'll be expected to make lovely cakes all the time. We are taking the advanced class next month. There we get to learn to do layer cakes and fondant. I'm very excited. My first opportunity to show off my new found skills would be this week for John's birthday. However, I think we will stick with cupcakes that look like baseballs.

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

It look beautiful - especially the top!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Look at that basketweave. I can't believe this is a first. Seriously, I'm super impressed. Kenzie talked me into ordering a packet of tips and bags, etc from an infomercial one night and it came a little bit ago. Now that I see your spendorific masterpiece I think we better break it out. :)