Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Yard!!!



Today we spent the entire day outside. We did work all day, but it was wonderful. We have waited for a yard for so long that the work was nice. We cleaned out the flower bed, raked up all the leaves the previous owners left last fall, washed the cars, cleaned out the garage, sprayed off all of our cement, and finally we mowed and edged the lawn. I think John liked mowing his own yard for the first time in his life. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture. Then, just to keep with the theme of our day of work, John also installed a dimmer switch for our living room light and fan (quite impressive I think). He then installed 2 of our new blinds, that frustrating story is for another day. And I gave both of the kids hair cuts. We're pooped.

It was such a warm and wonderful day. We celebrated our day of work with dinner outside. We got this table and chairs when we bought the rest of our yard stuff. I think we single handedly kept Lowe's in business this week with all of our purchases. It's amazing what you have to buy just to take care of a yard. Anyways...back to the celebration. John made hamburgers with striped cheese. I guess that is what officially made them "celebration" hamburgers. We were even able to spend time enjoying outside until it was finally time for Ainsley to go to bed. What a great day!

3 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I'm so jealous! I don't think you realize how great things like yards are until you go a really long time without one. Of course, the main reason I want a yard is so I can get a dog, which I know is not your reason for wanting one. :)

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great day! I love your outdoor furniture! Just one question... what is striped cheese? It sounds like something John would like.

jessica said...

Striped cheese is just alternating strips of cheddar and motzerella...very John.