Friday, March 2, 2007

Our fake trip

Yesterday was the big trip to Salt Lake. I spent Wednessday cleaning, doing laundry, running errands, and getting things ready for us to leave. Thursday I spent the day packing. I even gassed up the car and took it through a car wash. The car was loaded with everything so that we could leave as soon as John got home from work. The cooler was in the car with snacks, Ains had chosen her movies for the road, sandwiches had been made for dinner. So why am I still home???

Well, it had been snowing on and off all day so I knew weather wasn't ideal. Then my dad called on his way to Twin Falls for a meeting to tell us to be careful because there were several cars off the road and that the visibility was awful. He even had a life flight helicopter hovering beside the road in front of him and didn't see or hear it until it was right above him. So then I started checking road reports and the snow was supposed to continue on through friday. After admitting that we didn't feel good about making the drive we finally called the trip off. So I spent last night unpacking the car and all the bags. Luckily John was able to take a day off work next Friday so we will only have to postpone our trip for a week. So I will get to relive yesterday in only a weeks time. However, we already checked the weather reports and things look good so we might actually get to take a real trip!

No comments: