Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm ready.

I am officially ready for some down time and (dare I say it?) for summer to come to an end. Don't get me wrong. I love summer. I love staying up late, warm summer nights, long days, sleeping in, and everything else that's great about summer. But, I'm worn out. It seems like summer is trying to go out with a bang this year. We have managed to cram all the fun we could into these last few weeks of summer and I'm ready for a break. We've swam, barbecued, played with friends, had birthday parties, and taken family pictures. We have also had our schedule filled with church stuff too. It seems like every week I think, "Hey, I will have a somewhat boring week this week"...and then I go to church. This week every night seemed to fill up with some church activity or another. Not that I'm complaining, it's been a lot of fun, I'm just ready for a few days of nothing. I'm not sure that things will slow down when the fall comes and we get into a schedule again, but a change will be welcomed at this point. I guess I'll just have to relax and enjoy this last week or so of crazy busy so that I will be able to fully appreciate the break when it comes!

6 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

I am ready for it to start cooling down! This week has been better, but I still want it to keep going down. I love spring and fall.

Val said...

Amen, sister. I was so glad for school to start so we could get into a routine again. Mom need that!

SD and EJ said...

I usually like summer, but I can't wait until it's over. It's been way too hot. Or maybe I just can't wait until my baby comes out and then the heat won't seem so bad.

Dinger said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I am a summer person, I love the heat, but I can't wait for school to come, cool fall nights, vegetable pickin' and everything else that fall brings.

Aimee said...

Amen to that!! Not only am I ready for Summer to be over, but Tyson is also! He can't wait to go back to school. We are even doing a countdown.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.