Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Zoo

Yesterday the kids and I spent the morning at the zoo with Maria and Hayden (thanks for the invite!) The kids had a lot of fun, and now I think our zoo quota has been met for a while. Now our zoo is nothing fancy, but we did get to see a few interesting things.

We happened to catch this massive bird perched with his wings outstretched for all to see. What was weird was that he stood like this for a really long time!
The kids loved watching the penguins swim in the water right in front of them. At first Owen was scared and would run away whenever a penguin got too close to the glass.
Before we had even walked in the zoo entrance Ains was begging to go on the Merry-go-Round that they have inside. I made her wait until our trip was nearly over...I hope it was as amazing as she had remembered.
I just loved the look on Ainsley's face in this picture.
And last but not least, here is Owen going up the stairs to the giraffe slide...right before I had to climb up them and force him down the slide with Ains. We caused quite the hold up in the line. I think he wanted to go down, but just couldn't work up the courage to do it because he refused to let me carry him down the stairs. So, as my last resort I pried his little fingers off the metal bars he was desperately holding on to and sent him down with his sister. And from what I hear he was smiling on the way down (although he refused to try it again)!
I would have had more pictures to share of what we saw but my camera died after the slide incident...oops!

3 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I love the zoo!

Dinger said...

Our Zoo may not be the greatest, but the kids sure think it is great. Have fun at the temple, I think we are the only family not going!!

The Marshall Family said...

We had fun...thanks for hangin' with us!