Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Day

I decided to make a post just about our day today...because it was a bit different than usual. Ains woke up with a fever last night and was still slightly warm this morning, so she got to stay home from church with John. It didn't help the situation that our church was earlier than usual today. The Twin Falls temple dedication was being broadcast in local church buildings today and so church times had to be adjusted. Our allotted time was from 8:30-10:30. So while Ains was home (not feeling too sick apparently) she made this funny video....

Children under 8 were not able to go to the dedication. So there were a lot of families like ours that couldn't go to the dedication together. Either one member of the family was going or none at all. We decided to just stay home as a family. And rather than sit at home for hours on end with not much to do on a HOT Sunday, we decided to invite some friends over for brunch. I had fun baking yesterday and made a ridiculous amount of food. I made breakfast pizza, cinnamon rolls, lemon poppy seed muffins, and zucchini chocolate chip muffins (I had to make at least one thing with zucchini in it :). Ains said the prayer on our meal and made sure to point out that we were thankful to have friends so that mom and dad could talk and so that the kids could play, I thought it was funny that she prayed for that.

John and I did have fun talking with other adults and apparently the kids had fun playing. They got a hold of our camera and recorded their fun. They took about 30 pictures and about 6 videos. Here are 2 that I thought were cute.

On a completely unrelated note...I just have to write this story down somewhere so I don't forget it, and it might as well be here.

On Friday night we were sitting outside eating dinner. We had finished and the kids were wandering around playing. Ains came up to John and I at the table at one point and John said to her, "Isn't your mom pretty?" (What a kiss up! Just kidding John) Ainsley turned and walked away and casually said, "I'm prettier." What was funniest about it was that she was so matter of fact. John and I started laughing so hard, and then she started crying because she thought we were laughing because we thought she wasn't pretty. I still smile every time I think of her saying that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those videos are hilarious! Ains has quite the imagination.

Oh - and next time you decide to have a brunch - please invite me! YUM YUM! :)

*KT

shellydinger said...

That is such a great story! I loved hearing Ainsley pretend to talk for all her animals and babies. She sounds so grown up!

SD and EJ said...

I love Ainsley's different voices on the videos. And that story is hilarious! At least you don't have to worry about her having low self-esteem.

Anonymous said...

She IS pretty.

The Marshall Family said...

Ainsley is so funny. I love good Sunday's like that.

Colleen said...

oh that makes me miss my nieces and nephews. way cute