Friday, August 29, 2008

Winner, winner!

Typically John and I are the opposite of winners. We seem to do things at the wrong time, be in the wrong place, and are very unlucky. Lately however, we have had a streak of luck! Earlier this summer we won a drawing for this free DVD player. It doesn't work (I guess you can't expect much when something is free)but I'm still counting it as a victory, because normally our name would have never been chosen!
Our streak of luck continued when I got a call yesterday and was informed that my child's name had been chosen to win this gift basked full of books, DVDs, and CDs. I signed the kids up to win when we were at the zoo. It was actually Ainsley's name that was chosen, so maybe I shouldn't be counting her luck as mine, but she is my daughter.
Who would have thought that a family of very unlucky people would win 2 drawings in one summer. I now have a new found faith in drawings, and I will ALWAYS sign up!

4 comments:

Natalie Ball said...

Will you please sign me up too? I want to be lucky like you!

The Marshall Family said...

Hey, aren't you glad I invited you to the zoo!!!!

Dinger said...

I am so sorry that the DVD player is broken!!! I could call my friend and see if we can get you another one!! I bet it sat out in the hot sun for too long at the dairy days thing. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

That tub of books looks fun.