Thursday, August 14, 2008

Twin Falls Temple

Today we drove to Twin Falls to tour the new temple before the dedication next weekend. I remember touring the Boise temple before it's dedication when I was about Ainsley's age. And while my memories aren't profound (I only remember the booties I had to wear on my feet and gold chains that were blocking off certain rooms) I hope that Ainsley will have some memories of this temple as well.

We stopped by my Randy and Jackie's when we got to Twin so that we could drop off Owen and Bailey (she was gracious enough to watch them so that we could actually enjoy the tour) and then we walked across the street to the temple....this is a picture from her backyard. We literally opened the back gate and crossed the road to the temple. How awesome is that to have a temple in your backyard?!?
The temple was really beautiful. I would love to go back and do a session there one day. It was nice to be there with family, and to be able to walk through with Ains. I was impressed with all the workers that were there, out in the hot sun, ushering people. They even had the youth putting the little booties on people. They also had the cultural hall in the neighboring church looking amazing. That gym looked better than any reception I have ever seen. It was gorgeous. They had displays, cookies (my aunt later told us that they had spent $75,000 just on cookies for the tours!) and lots of missionaries. It was all put together so well.

After pictures we got to spend some time that afternoon with my Aunt, cousin Whitney, and my Grandpa. It really was a great day!

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

That view of the temple is so cool! And Ains is so, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh awesome! I have never been to a temple dedication. I hope to go to the Draper one though.

Looks like a beautiful temple!!

**KT