Friday, May 22, 2009

Analyze this.....

I don't remember having tons of crazy vivid dreams with my other 2 pregnancies. But lately I often wake up giggling when I realize the absurdity of what I had dreamt the night before. I've had 2 dreams that have stuck with me and make me laugh every time I think of them. Maybe they are just funny because I lived them, but I thought I'd share anyways. So in years to come I can read this and laugh...and you can read this and think, "Man, Jess is weird!"

Dream 1:
I am sitting in Fast and Testimony meeting with John when a friend of ours gets up to bear his testimony. Suddenly an older man in the congregation stands up and starts quietly singing 'A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief'. The man was moved and is trying to provide background music to the testimony. The man bearing his testimony is caught off guard and doesn't know whether to keep talking or stop. The man providing the accompaniment is trying to get louder or softer depending on the level of speaking. Both men end up trying to awkwardly coordinate this impromptu performance, and I'm just sitting in my seat laughing hysterically at this while no one else seems to think it's the least bit weird! I can't help but picture this happening in real life and imagining how awkward the whole thing would be!

Dream 2: (I think this dream makes me laugh because of the random jumps in my train of thought.)

I'm on a morning walk through my neighborhood when suddenly I realize I'm walking along the freeway in Salt Lake. I'm walking with a friend and we run into the second counselor in our bishopric and his wife (who is actually the bishops wife) while they are picnicking on the side of the freeway. I remember that they were having fried chicken and jalapeno poppers (so this must have been significant). Moments later we are suddenly in the church kitchen. The counselors wife has spilled all the poppers and is in need of help. There are also 2 annoying dogs in the kitchen and for some reason I am not interested in helping. So while my friend helps pick up the poppers I make up the excuse that I need to find out if I have class or not first. Then Barack Obama enters (he is my music teacher) and informs me that we will be having class that day. So we have to climb up through this tiny opening near the ceiling of the church kitchen to get to class. We then both climb up this ramp and try to slide through the tiny opening when I think, "Good thing I'm not pregnant or I wouldn't fit through this!" We enter the auditorium that looks like a red lit movie theater. Barack proceeds to play lots of different songs and interpret their meaning and I'm feeling pretty cool because I know most of the songs (which isn't too impressive because they were like songs from Music Man). Suddenly, a guy in the front of the class starts making snide remarks. Which makes Will Smith (Fresh Prince version) upset and Will jumps out of his seat and lunges toward the snide remark guy. Barack is not happy with this and lunges after Will. As I'm watching Barack Obama and Will Smith have it out in front of me I look around at the members of my relief society that are sitting around me suddenly and think, "This is quite a show!" Then I wake up. I'm pretty sure there's some deep meaning in that dream!

5 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Dreams are just plain weird. I remember everyone telling me that I would have funny dreams when I was pregnant, but I don't think I ever did. Yours are awesome! I especially like the first one because I can actually see that happening in real life.

Anonymous said...

That hilarious Jess! And somehow it doesn't surprise me that you would have such crazy dreams. Ha ha.

I also have weird ones when pregnant.

**KT

The Marshall Family said...

I am impressed with your detail!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the laughs!!! I had some pretty bizarre dreams while I was pregnant, but now that I don't get much sleep at night I don't remember any of my current dreams. However, most times when I wake up for the night feedings I think that Davis is already in bed with me. even though he's really sleeping peacefully in his bassinet. And Russ spent about 15 seconds in his sleep this morning trying to pick Davis up off my chest (while Davis was actually in his bassinet)...

Dancing Queen said...

Great laughs! No wonder you keep laughing every time you think of them. In your next dream, tell all the famous people hi for me. I think the first dream about the testimony should be worked into a road show somehow. Funny.