Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kind Words

I got this email today...

Dear Jessica,
You are doing such a good job as Provident Living Leader. You keep the subject current in everyone's mind and have great willingness to help the ward get prepared. I have had your calling, and I know it's a big job. Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all your hard work and dedication.


It made me feel good. But it also made me think. When was the last time I went out of my way to thank someone sincerely for the work they put into their callings? I think about.....never. Why have I never done this? I'm sure my children's teachers would appreciate a kind note. I don't know a person that loves being called to nursery and yet every Sunday there are devoted teachers there to willingly take my son and teach him. People are planning things like crazy for my families benefit and while I might stop to say thanks in passing, how much more meaning would the thanks hold if I took the time to send a card or write a quick email. I haven't done anything outstanding as far as my calling is concerned, I'm pretty sure I've done a standard job. And yet this kind woman took the time to write me a nice note. And now I think I'll write someone else a nice note. If you feel like it, you could do the same!

2 comments:

Natalie Ball said...

What a nice note! I should do something like that for somebody too! P.S. You are an AWESOME Provident Living Leader.

Dancing Queen said...

good idea