Sunday, May 24, 2009

Swan Falls

We stayed in town this Memorial weekend so we tried to make some fun plans to keep us busy. Yesterday we headed out to Swan Falls with the kids. I'm not sure why it's called Swan Falls because I didn't see any falls. There is just a dam there now and a huge grassy area where the kids played. It was the perfect day to be outside. The temperature was in the 80's and there was a breeze to keep us cool. John enjoyed the chance to get some shots with this camera...so here are way more pictures than you care to see...
The dam and part of the river.

A lizard we saw on a walk...exciting!
Some of the group out on a 'hike' across the dam and down the river.

Owen was most concerned about climbing a mountain, this bunch of rocks filled the need.



Picnic on the lawn.

A little croquet anyone? I think we need to teach Ains some better form.

I spent extra time on my hair that day, it was really hard to achieve that look.

A lovely scenic shot
The kids had fun getting their feet wet...although Owen was a little overly cautious.
This is where we got in some good rock thowin'
This is where Owen and I sat while he threw rocks in the water. He managed to hit me in the head 3 times, I wasn't a very happy camper.
Even though I got hit in the head several times it was a great afternoon and we all came home exhausted. We picked up a pizza on the way home, had dinner, put in a movie, and John and I fell asleep while the kids enjoyed the Jungle Book. I guess it wore us out more than the kids!

3 comments:

Sam and Bria said...

Looks like fun, and I must admit I love the new hair style.

SD and EJ said...

Fun!! And I am so jealous of your cool camera. And, possibly, maybe we might be coming to Boise in a few weeks.

Dancing Queen said...

What a fun weekend. Love the hair. Hope your head's okay, and you full recovery from the multiple rock injuries.