Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chubby

I'm slowly getting chubbier and chubbier. Pregnancy will do that to ya. Well, I think it does to most of us anyways, but lately there seem to be a ton of skinny little pregnant women around me, or women who have just had babies that look a little 'too good' if you know what I mean. I've decided I don't like these skinny pregnant/immediately post pregnant women (I apologize if you are one of these women of which I speak...I can't like you anymore. :)

I thought pregnancy was a time to bask in beautiful chubbiness? That's what I'm trying to do anyway! This is most likely my last kid, so I might as well enjoy being fat while I have an excuse...BTW, I'm pretty sure this is just a lame attempt at trying to cope with the fact that I'm only 18 weeks and I've already gained 21 pounds. It's not pretty folks. It's just not pretty. Because to be quite honest, I was planning on this being my skinny pregnancy. I was sure I could do it. I got quite large with Owen and was determined that I could be one of those women this time around. I think my dreams were first dashed when I realized that the only food I could eat was hamburgers. I don't know any dietitian that recommends 8 weeks of eating only hamburgers. I remember eating a leftover hamburger at 10:30 in the morning on my way to church. The thought makes me sick. While my eating habits have gotten slightly better as the sickness has faded, I still have to regularly eat 4 meals a day and those hamburgers still sound mighty good. Although, I have added fruit and exercise back into my daily regimen.

So that's it...I've come to grips with reality, rather than this be the skinny pregnancy I had dreamed of with the quick recovery and weight loss, I'm going to once again slowly turn into what feels like a cow. And I guess I'm just going to have to accept it. I guess I could shoot for record weight gain this pregnancy...is there such a thing?

5 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Oh Jess, you are funny :)

Alene said...

Don't worry so much. You think you looked bad last pregnancy, but you didn't, and you won't look bad this one either! And those skinny-minnie girls probably aren't doing what's best for their babies--they're supposed to gain weight!

Elizabeth said...

I understand how you feel (except the part about eating hamburgers -- I've only eaten one in the last nine months -- the thought of them made me want to vomit...). But my sis-in-law was prego and due one week after me, but she hardly showed at all. Actually, the last week before I delivered, we were at a family party and her 5-year old asked her why I was so much bigger than her (I was sitting in the next chair). She said it was because I was due a week before her. ha ha ha. It did help that her baby was only 7 lbs 7 oz and mine was almost 10 lbs, but still!!!

Anonymous said...

A few things......1- I have known a couple of ladies that have gained 80 (EIGHTY!) pounds while pregnant. And they go back to normal eventually. So don't stress too much! 2 - A certain person in my in-law family INSISTS on telling me how large I am while pregnant. It is so fun, I tell you. You already feel like a whale and then they basically tell you you look like one and that they NEVER got so huge when they were pregnant! (ya right!) 3- I thought you looked really cute in the pictures of you on that previous post. So, quite worrying!

Your last baby?? Awwwww.

**KT :)

Kohl said...

I was feeling frustrated the other day because I lost a bunch of weight after I had Ashlyn but now I have hit a plateau and it doesn't matter what I do, I can't lose anymore weight. Then I was thinking the other day that it takes nine months to put on the weight so it should take about that long to get it off. Don't worry about gaining weight because eventually it will go away. It might take some work, but it will go away! :)