Tuesday, April 6, 2010

House of Death

I'm pretty sure if we lived 100 years ago my family would have been quarantined by now. Seriously, we've had nasty illness this year! And it never seems to end! Last week Ains woke up throwing up one morning (she was super depressed because John's parents were here visiting). Luckily she was fine by afternoon. But that night at dinner it was Owen that threw up at the restaurant. From coughing too hard. Just like Ains did a couple of weeks ago. He's been coughing and had the same fever that Ains just got over. Poor kid.

And kind of poor me, because I had to clean the puke out of the car yesterday. I think cleaning throw-up out of cars and car seats and seat belts could be one of the grossest things ever. We were in the Costco parking lot when it happened (I know I shouldn't have made him go shopping, but a family's got to eat). After he was done, I was able to get him out of the car and I stripped him down, while snowflakes fell around us, wrapped him up in my coat, and then we drove home with the windows cracked open. And then I spent a few hours cleaning. I'm pretty sure we now have the cleanest car in the neighborhood.

But here's proof that even houses that should be quarantined can have fun....





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is totally rotten! I hope I never have that experience! BTW, your hair looks cute!

EJ said...

Poor sick kids! I swear Ash always gets sick lately. I wish I could have come.