Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Weekend?

This past weekend really felt like Easter...complete with Easter Egg hunt and all.

We were invited by our friends to go to an Easter Egg hunt at their parents house....Ball Manor. It really was a cool place, and a perfect egg hunt. I haven't liked the big community sponsored ones here, and this one was perfect. I have this image of an Easter egg hunt that is strait out of a movie: small crowd, kids actually have to find eggs, and lots of friends getting together (think of the end of Steel Magnolias). This year I finally got an Easter Egg hunt like that...So thanks Balls!!!
When we got there there were games to entertain the kids while the older kids hid the eggs in different locations around the yard. It was broken up into different age groups. Each age group was in a different area. Good thing there were 30 acres of yard. :o)
Our kids were led out front to search for eggs.
I just put in this picture because John took it and it had a good amount of the people we were there with in it.
Everyone brings a dozen filled eggs for each of their children that will be participating. So every kid comes home with at least 12 eggs.
After the hunt there was a pot luck dinner and we got to hang out with friends and the kids played. It was a great evening! I even got a little tour of the house....it was impressive! I just wish I had a house like that for parties when I was a teenager (full on theater, playroom for the kids-with slide, and 50's themed diner). I loved that it was such a fun place for kids. Even if we don't get invited back next year (no pressure Natalie :), I'm determined to recreate something similar for my kids so we don't have to go to a big one again.


And then to complete our Easter weekend, the kids got to wear their new Easter clothes on Sunday. Super cute!
We only had like 5 minutes for some pictures before church so I was surprised we even got one semi-decent one!

Sunday morning Owen asked when it would be Easter again...I was pleased to tell him it would be Easter again next week.

7 comments:

Alene said...

That is a beautiful pic of the kids. I hope you have copies for us.

Aimee said...

Fun.....kids love easter egg hunts!! Cute picture of all the kids!

SD and EJ said...

Is Ainsley's dress from Costco? I saw one there just like that and it was my very favorite one. I would have bought one for Ash if I didn't already have an Easter dress for her. Ains and Emmie look so pretty and Owen looks so handsome! I love his hair.

Elizabeth said...

I love that pic of them on the couch -- super cute! I was lame and didn't even get an Easter outfit for Davis -- I'm pretty sure if I had a baby girl I would have succumbed... Sounds like you had a great Easter party!

Kohl said...

Love the Easter outfits, especially the green dresses. So cute!

Kohl said...

Love the Easter outfits, especially the green dresses. So cute!

Natalie Ball said...

I'm glad you had fun at out Easter Egg Hunt! Yes, you can come again, but next year you can make the cupcakes! I LOVE the cute family Easter pic. Can you believe you have 3 kids? They are adorable!