Monday, March 22, 2010

He's 32!

I'm convinced that our kids are determined to plague each birthday this year will illness...

But even with that being the case, I think John had an okay birthday. Due to the fact that his birthday was on Sunday this year (and Sunday birthdays kind of stink) we "observed" his birthday on Saturday. He wanted to go out to Five Guys, but since Ains has been deathly ill all week, we got take out.

Then we had presents and cake...just to be different :)

In case you wanted a better look at the cake. Too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked, because I forgot to put the oil in the cake batter. Note to self: cake made without oil is dry. Very dry. But the rest of it was good.
Here is John opening the lens that he bought himself months ago. Happy birthday to you!
And since John is so special, Syd surprised him for his Birthday by coming home for the weekend. (Actually she came home because she was homesick and missed me so much...)
For John's actual birthday he stayed home with Ains and Emmie while I took Owen to church. He "called" getting to stay home days ago when we realized that Ains wouldn't be able to go to church for the second week in a row. We made homemade pizza and just hung out all afternoon. Had his birthday not been celebrated on two days I would have felt sorry for him, because his actual birthday was kind of a downer.
We did learn an important lesson on his birthday though....candles put in hot pizza will melt, and ruin the pizza. Lesson learned!
Happy Birthday John!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That cake looks amazing! You are quite the baker! Happy Birthday, John!

EJ said...

I love how he called getting to stay home. Happy birthday!

Merel said...

Happy B-Day John! Ik hope you had a nice day. Nice lens you got! I think my dad has the same one and pictures turn out really nice!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....I want that cake! Love his surprised look in that pic!

**KT

Dancing Queen said...

The cake looks grand. As for the candles . . . I've done that before. We have a recipe for "breakfast cake" (coffee cake). I made it for Matt's bday one year and melted candles in it too!