Monday, March 22, 2010

Sick-O

(I could have found a more flattering picture, but then you wouldn't have understood how sick she's been:)

Ains started feeling sick LAST Friday. As in 10 days ago. She started coughing on Saturday, and hasn't stopped. She coughs almost all day. She's coughed so hard she's thrown up a few times, and had a bloody nose (that may not have been associated, but I'm going to assume it was). Dealing with that on top of the flood was a challenge, but we've survived. We assumed she caught what ever John had, because he's been coughing for weeks.
She stayed home from school on Monday and Tuesday but really wanted to go for St Patrick's day. So I let her. That was a mistake, because she ended up in the nurses office and was disappointed that there wasn't a big party. She then stayed home the rest of the week and I took her to the Doctor on Friday because she just wasn't getting any better and was getting a fever every afternoon.
I'm sure it was our trip to the doctor that began her healing process, because it always seems that as soon as I pay to go to the doctor I'm told to keep doing what I'm doing and that they should be better soon. He said that there was a virus going around that looked like pneumonia (which is what they wanted me to bring her in to test her for). It usually had a fever for 5-6 days and coughing fro 2-3 weeks!!! She's still weak, and coughing like crazy, but I sent her to school anyways.

And we definitely are finally on our way up. Hopefully our family will be done with illness now for a while.

4 comments:

EJ said...

Even in that picture, she's still super beautiful. Poor Ains! Sick kids are no fun. I hate it that every time I take Ash to the doctor, they basically think I'm crazy because she magically gets better as soon as we step inside the office. But then of course her fever comes back as soon as we get home. I hope she feels better soon.

Sheri said...

You've had a lot going on. I'd be crying in my car if my kids were sick and hurt, and there was water all over my house too. Hang in there!

Alene said...

Poor Ains.

Kohl said...

Hope she is feeling better. We went through like 6 weeks of sickness with all the kids. We are finally healthy and I hope we stay that way until next winter!:)