Saturday, March 13, 2010

But I love it!!!!

Owen has become quite the little persuader...okay not really. He makes no sense at all, but it's funny. When Owen is told he can' t do something, he tries to talk you into letting him do it by saying,"bur I love it!" On the other hand if he is asked to do something he doesn't want to do he will try to get out of it by saying, "but I hate it!"

For example:
Me: "Owen you can't have a sucker for breakfast."
Owen: "But I love it!"

Me: "Owen, get dressed."
Owen: "But I hate it!"

Pretty persuasive huh! I'm amazed that John and I are ever able to withstand and be firm after dealing with such strong arguments.

On other Owen news...since I never post any more....

Last week I came out in the kitchen where Owen was up on the counter making his own toast. The toast was a little on the burned side, but not too bad. And he was putting butter on it. A LOT of butter on it. When he saw me he announced so proudly that he could make his own toast! Seriously, there was such a proud look of accomplishment on his face I just couldn't burst his bubble.

So, since he wants to eat all day, and toast is healthier than the candy he usually finds for his snacks (and the candy is not easy to get to!) I decided that Owen is now his own toast maker. He'll eat several pieces after breakfast. It's actually been kind of handy. Usually about 15 minutes after breakfast Owen announces that he is hungry again. I then try to put him off for a few minutes. But since Owen has a mind of his own and is completely independent and rarely obeys, he goes ahead and gets his own snack. And now he can happily make is own toast with obscene amounts of butter on it for his snacks! I think he's gone through a loaf of bread just on his toast obsession this week.

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

All your Owen stories make me laugh (and they also make me a little nervous because I'm afraid Ash might be very similar to him). I love that right after breakfast he's hungry again.

Kohl said...

My Liam loves toast too! It must be because he can make it himself! The only problem is that it doesn't fill him up. Also, I can't believe that Emmie is 4 months old. The time just goes way too fast!

Alene said...

I was just thinking today that Owen and Ashlyn have similar personalities. And it's kind of strange how much little kids like butter. Several of my kids when they were little and my grandkids now will just take fingerfuls of butter just to eat plain.

Dancing Queen said...

Wow, Emmie is getting big. That's great Owen can make his own toast. When my brother was 14, he had a friend who didn't even know how to make toast . . . seriously. Go Owen!