Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Conversation in the car

Owen: "Mom, I'm in charge of myself."

Me: "Well guess who I'm in charge of?"

Owen: "Who?"

Me: "You!"

Owen: "No, I'm in charge of myself!"

Me: "How about I'll be in charge of you until you're 18, and then you can be in charge of yourself? Does that sound fair?"

Owen: "Ya! How old is 18?"

Me: "Too late Owen, the deal's already been made."



*****I just had to add to this that 2 days later while Owen was doing his best at avoiding going to bed he informed us that we weren't in charge of him, Jesus was. Because Jesus made him. Clever kid...

3 comments:

Aimee said...

LOL!!! He's a thinker!! So cute!

shellydinger said...

Hilarious. Hailey and I have similar conversations - our deal was that she was the "Bosst" of her Barbies. She wants to be a Mom just so she can be the boss, it has nothing to do with kids.

lisa said...

i think you have an attorney in the making!!! :)