Sunday, May 30, 2010

For Documentation Sake

Last night John noticed Emmie had 2 little teeth poking through on the bottom of her mouth. I would say that this officially makes her a third child whose milestones go unnoticed. However, I remember the same thing happening with Ainsley when she was about 10 or 11 months. All the sudden one day I looked in her mouth and there was a tooth. At least I was the one to notice Ainsley's first tooth. Instead of having someone else point it out to me.

The funny thing is that in the past 2 weeks I've had two complete strangers look at Emmie drooling and chewing away who said, "Oh, she must be teething!" I dismissed them immediately in my head thinking, "Whatever, my kids don't get teeth this young." And what do ya know? They were right!

I would post a cute picture of Emmie's new teeth, but I'm lazy, and I'm sure even if I did try I wouldn't get a picture of them anyways.
Ains has yet to see the teeth due to Emmie's gift for keeping them hidden. So she just likes to feel them. In fact, tonight as Ains was putting off going to bed she asked if she could feel Emmie's teeth one more time. Kind of weird.
And since I'm too lazy to take and post a new picture, here's an old one that was sitting in our picture folder....

Maybe in this picture she's thinking, "Hey Mom! Why won't you just feel the teeth in my mouth already?!"

No comments: