Sunday, May 2, 2010

Buyers Remorse?


Well, I think my shopping spree is over...because now I feel especially poor! I spent Saturday morning at the RC Willey sale with my sister. Neither of us found anything...so we went shopping. I found a nice black, solid wood TV stand at TJ Max and got a little excited. So I had them hold it for me and went home and got John. By the time we got there 2 hours later, some woman had come in and claimed to be Jessica and bought my stand!!! Who does that????? Seriously!!!!!


So after some complaining and some thought, and some worrying that everything in my living room is black and I need to add some other tones, I decided on this stand. Which is the same as the black one. It's just a dark walnut color instead. It was also more expensive, so after some arguing, the grumpy lady at TJ Max agreed to lower the price enough that I felt okay buying it. I'm going to put black knobs on it to tie it into my room better, but I really like how it looks.


So after we had the stand, John drove straight to Costco and bought his dream TV. Well, probably not actually his dream TV, but a flat screen that is big enough to keep him happy for a few years. I'm sure his dream TV is much larger...but I still have limits even on a spending spree!


And now I'm scared to balance the checkbook and pay the bills. But I'm trying hard not to have buyers remorse. Because there are still some things I want to buy. Like new lamps (since mine are either spray painted or purchased from the DI when I was in college), a new end table (since mine is a table that we stole from my in-laws basement years ago and then painted), and a new car :).


Ahhh, why does the list never seem to end?


And I'll end by posing a question, cause that would be fun.


After studying the above picture, do you think I should

a) leave the space above the TV blank

b) put a shelf with tons of different sizes of frames on it above the TV

c) hang 3-4 framed pictures in a row above the TV

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for C, definitely. I think that'd look awesome.

**KT

Dinger said...

I vote for B, but I also seem to prefer that letter on tests and would often get it wrong. . .so whatever!! P.S. I know what you are getting for Mother's day, we saw John buying it this past weekend. It was really funny running in to him at the store. I do really like the TV and the stand. . .I have an entire room filled with black furniture, so a little diversity looks really good.
Glad it's your check book and not mine :P

Alene said...

I vote for B or C. Either would look good. And black knobs will look really good too.

The Goob said...

I vote for a or c. You already have a lot going on on the wall so I am worried that a shelf would be too much. And nobody had better make fun of me for posting my opinion. Having opinions on decorating can be a very masculine thing.

SD and EJ said...

It looks great! My vote is C.

jessica said...

I think I'm going with C. That seems to be the concensus here and from people that have been in my house. For exactly the reason Goob said...weird that we were thinking the same thing goob! And you're right, decorating opinions can be very masculine.

lisa said...

c. leave it blank so it doesnt look too cluttered with book shelves on either side already :) i love the new tv and stand!! good job guys

Ashlee said...

My vote is to leave it blank. If you add something above it, it is going to look really busy especially since you have things on the ledge up above. Or the other option would to do your pictures and take the items off the ledge. Just saying.

jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.