Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day/Emmie's 6 month birthday!

What a great mother's day!
John worked really hard to make my day easy. I woke up to stuffed french toast, and some great gifts. Ains made me a mouse pad at school...it's a black and white photo of her sitting in an old fashioned desk wearing a bonnet. I still don't quite get it, but it's adorable. John and the kids got me a bike seat cover. I have been begging for a new seat because my old one kills me!!!! Now I can go on bike rides a little more comfortably. And John also got these awesome pictures of the kids and framed them in a cool collage frame. I love it!!!!


The kids sang at church and it was adorable. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Owen. He has been so excited to go up in front and sing and today he got to for the first time. He was very proud and excited!

After church John made me lettuce wraps, and did all the dishes, and even yelled at the kids for me when they needed "encouraging." And isn't Mother's Day truly about the food, the laziness, and the gifts?

Honestly though, I'm grateful to be a mother. I'm so happy I get to stay home with my kids because I'd way rather be at home having fun with them than actually 'working'. And the older I get the more grateful I am for my own mother...because like I've said before...being a parent is hard. And I'm guessing it's always hard, because I still call my mom often asking for advice or help. So apparently, the fun never ends!

And also today Emmie is officially 6 months old. We go to the doctor this week to get her stats, but I'm pretty sure she's growing beautifully. Check out those cheeks?!
She is as adorable and happy as ever.
I love that she thinks I am hilarious.
She is a rolly baby, which is a new thing for me. Ains and Owen both rolled over when encouraged, but never just for fun. Emmie rolls to her stomach almost the minute she is laid on the floor, and while she has the ability to roll the other way, she usually get frustrated and cries until someone rescues her and rolls her back over.
She loves to dance...dance parties are her favorite.
She loves her older brother and sister.
Ains can always make her laugh. In fact Ains had her laughing so hard while I was being set apart last month that I have no idea what he bishop was said. (We had a talk afterward about reverence during prayers...for Ains, not Emmie.)
I have been hoping that she would be a late crawler, just to make our summer easier. But based on her interest in moving, I'm guessing that wish just might not come true.
She is still a terrible sleeper......*sigh*
But even though I get mad at her at night, it's all forgotten when she gives me a huge smile first thing in the morning!

3 comments:

EJ said...

Those we love Mom pictures are so cute! What a nice husband you have. And I really, really want to see the picture of Ains on the mousepad. And your shirt in the picture of you and Emmie is totally cute. I can't believe Emmie is already that old!

Alene said...

Leave it to John to come up with those wacky pictures. i laughed out loud. I want to see Ains' mouse pad too.

Elizabeth said...

Those pics are awesome! What a thoughtful gift! And I love the one of you with Emmie -- you look great!! When are you coming to Utah?!?!?! I miss you!