Friday, June 18, 2010

Ahhhhhhh, the Meridian Dairy Days Parade

The Good:

Free chocolate milk at the beginning of the parade

Plenty of muddy trucks during the parade...?

Gymnasts on the high bar flipping dangerously on a float moving at 10 mph.
Plenty of horses and beauty queens to last us till next year.
And last but not least....I'm back in my old jeans, so when I saw this shot I thought, "Not to shabby!"

The BAD:

Then I saw this front shot and thought, "Holy cow!!! I need to do some sit-ups!!!! I swear I don't usually look like this, but maybe I'm just kidding myself! Baby #3 has left my tummy in BAD shape! I guess I shouldn't complain too much though since I have only done sit-ups twice since Emmie was born.

The other sort of bad things were the float/ads ("floads"?), like this little gem,
I guess it's also considered a bad thing when you have to push your car during the parade...no joke!

The Weird/Mildly Inappropriate:
I'm not sure who this woman was with, or how John got the shot, but somehow it just seems strange.
Then we have the mildly inappropriate religious group that strutted down the street displaying the bad habits they had been freed from. But somehow I don't think we needed to know we were in the company of an ex-cutter.
Then there was the scary chainsaw clown on top of the bus advertising the corn maze this fall. What was especially creepy to me though was when the woman in front of the clown man shouted out to all the little children in a sweet voice, "Don't let the crazy clown get you!"

The icing on the cake:
When we took the kids in to see the animals and John had Ains walk up next to a cow to get a shot of her next to it, and the cow started moving around a bit. The next think we knew a woman was darting toward us (you can see her in the back of the picture) because apparently this was angering the cow. So we just left and went home.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What an exciting parade! I love the "ex-cutter" sign. That is awesome! And I also love that you've done sit-ups twice since Emmie was born. That is exactly twice more than I've done them in the past five years...or maybe ten years...

SD and EJ said...

I wasn't even there and I'm creeped out by the woman saying, "Don't let the crazy clown get you."

Kohl said...

I hear ya on the tummy thing. The third child has left my tummy a mess. I have been doing sit-ups but I am starting to think that my 'spare tire' will never go away! By the way, you look great! Way to loose the baby weight fast!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh I know that lady in the bus!! She works in the mayors office! LOL