Thursday, June 10, 2010

School's Out!!!

Here is a picture of Ains on her first day of school...
She decided to go out with style and wear the exact same outfit on the last day of school as the first. What a clever lady!
And then we had to get in some celebrating before the weather turned bad. So we headed over to grandma and grandpa's for some swimming and a BBQ. I think the kids swam for at least 4 hours. They were exhausted when they got home. I love it when kids get exhausted!
Check out Emmie's tongue! She has a new found love for sticking out her tongue...
And Ains hopped in the pool and didn't miss a beat. She was swimming around and jumping off the diving board within minutes. I was worried we would need a bit of practice, but apparently swimming is like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget. Except somehow Ains did manage to forget how to ride her bike. Hmmmm.
John gave ribs another go, and I must say this time they were delicious! He made his own rub and BBQ sauce, trimmed the fat and smoked them for a long time. They were awesome! He also smoked a pork roast with some of his rub and it was way good too.
And last but not least, the kids convinced grandpa to start a fire so we could roast some marshmallows before heading home. He obliged and the kids got to cram in a bit more sugar, to make up for all that was lost while swimming.
A pretty fun after school party I'd say!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ains is my kind of girl! Remember our summer bike ride in Provo (where I'd forgotten how to ride a bike, and everyone (including me) thought I was going to tip over?!)...and I was 20 or something...

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!!

**KT

(And Liz . . . ha ha ha!)

EJ said...

I do not believe that you never forget how to ride a bike. My bike got stolen in 8th grade and I never rode another one until a kid in my ward got a new bike for his mission and insisted that I ride it around the neighborhood. So I did and I crashed into not one, but two parked cars. And I never really learned how to swim very well, so I don't know about that one. :)