Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Luau

So tonight was my first boy scout event, the Blue and Gold Banquet. Apparently this is an annual event, along with the pinewood derby, and other boy things. Michael was just starting scouts as I was leaving the house, so I'm completely unfamiliar with any of it. The theme was a luau. Ainsley looked very cute in my mother's clothes, everyone kept commenting on how cute she was. As her mother I agreed. I, however, did not look as cute in my dad's Hawaiian shirt. The sleeves went to my elbows and it went down to the middle of my thigh. The den mother's were told to wear Hawaiian shirts instead of our scout shirts (which I look equally good in).

I have to admit that the event was a fiasco. A term we don't use lightly in our household. I knew it would be so I wasn't surprised. Things started to go bad in the planning stages and they never quite recovered. I was instructed to pick up 10 take and bake pizza's so that we could feed the 75 people that were expected to attend. As you might have guessed, not everyone got to eat. Although I spent the night in the kitchen trying to get pizzas in and out of the oven and making punch, I think that Ainsley had fun. I snuck her food so she was happy. John got to watch the kids all night. And I was called up to present badges to a few boys. This was a great surprise since I was excited to show off my lovely apparel and I didn't know what I was doing. All in all, a fun night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's idea was it to only get 10 pizzas? I would have no idea what to do with a bunch of scouts. I don't envy your calling, but at least you got to spend most of the night hiding in the kitchen right? :)